Since my last update, I've settled in nicely to my routine in foster care. In the end the cone wasn't so bad and I only had to wear it for 10 days. But boy was I excited when it came off, I was rolling all over the floor, rubbing my head and licking my entire body - ahhhh freedom!
My foster mom brought me to visit other family members and everyone is so nice to me. Also they give me these yummy treats, so it's really fun. I still hesitate and I worry with some more that others - all these humans look so different, it's a lot to take in. I think my confidence is building though.
My foster mom also takes me out in the car with her whenever she can. I always have to go in a crate. She says it keeps me safe when we travel. I kinda like it - now I'll even jump right in on my own. I like our outings. Sometimes Otis and Thelma, the other dogs here, come along too.
I'm still lovin the squirrels. If I could get through the front door to catch one, I definitely would (a girl can dream, can't she???). But I track them and I know where they hide. When I bark and jump at the door, they run right up the tree - I'm watching...
So I have some big news!!!! My new family found me. They came to meet me last week and even though I had that cone on and I was a little nervous which I told them by barking and growling, they saw through my gruff attitude and silly cone head and knew I was really a softy. They saw my potential. They took me for a walk and that changed everything. When we got back to my foster home, I knew they were for me. I guess they felt the same because they said they'd like to add me to their family.
Diane is my sister. I could tell she really liked me. My dad is a tall man and I think he's a little scary, but I heard them talking and they said he's the real mush - well so am I, so I think we are going to get along just fine. My mom, she runs marathons - oh man, it doesn't sound like the walking I was doing here is anything compared to what I'll be doing in my new home. I won't have any other dogs in my family, but I'll have two cats! I've met a cat at the vet a couple times and he didn't seem so bad -- I'm hoping the cats in my new family will like me just as much as my sister and parents...
I'll check back and let everyone know how things are going. I think I've finally found my last home - my FOREVER home! Oh BTW, I almost forgot - I have a new name too - Daisy :)
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment