Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hi All!!

I'm Bucca - a 15 month old black, female GSP. I'm recently in foster care and I've been busy. Before I even got to see my new digs, my foster mom took me out around town on a leash so I could start to learn my new environment. Then when we got back, I wasn't inside even 15 minutes before I was getting a bath. Things move fast around here...

My foster mom is learning lots about me, even in that short time. I'm very alert on our walks and rarely take time for a potty break because I don't want to chance missing anything - I love to see everything going on around me. I do my best to chase any animals and even like to point the birds. My foster mom said she doesn't think I have had any formal hunt training, but she thinks I've got the potential to be a good "bird" dog!

To be honest, I'm not crazy about my crate, but I use it when I must and luckily it's only when no one is home. I complain initially, but then do settle down and sleep. My foster mom says it's for my own good.

I'm very well behaved in the house and haven't had any accidents. Usually, I'm either looking out the doors for birds, squirrels or rabbits or I'm curled up anywhere my foster parents are - there are tons of dog beds here. I have a foster GSP brother and a foster Lab sister - they live here. They are older than me, and we get along fine. I've tried to boss around my brother, but my foster parents quickly put a stop to it as they say it's bad manners for a new house guest.

I've already been to the vet, they removed this little lump from my back - I didn't even know it was there, but my foster mom figured best to have it checked (just a cyst so nothing to worry about) and then I was also spayed - whatever that means. All I know is now I have this cone on my head. I didn't like it at first, but now I'm used to it; and again, my foster mom says it's for my own good.

Since my foster parents think I'm nervous meeting new people. they try to get me out and about as much as possible. Today we visited some family. They were really nice. They didn't crowd me and I really liked them. When we were leaving, I heard them tell my foster parents how well behaved I was. Carol kept saying I have such a pretty face - it's sort of obvious, but still nice to hear sometimes!

I'm happy to be in a foster home, but I can't wait to have my own home. I hope it finds me soon - I'll check back soon with an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment